Grasping Innovation in Europe through a closer iNterAction between Heis and Smes
Facebook : Facebook Gienahs Project
Twitter: Twitter GienahsProject
LinkedIn: Linkedin Gienahs Project
Project No: 588071-EPP-1-2017-1-IT-EPPKA2-KA
Period of Implementation: 1/1/2018 – 31/12/2020
Erasmus+ programme, KA2: Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices
Idea75, Italian engineering company
Anglia Ruskin University, U.K.
NOESIS Technologies, Greece
Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
The Gienahs Project objective is to strengthen the Innovation and collaboration between Universities and SMEs with a view to institutionalizing the Industrial Doctorate at a pan-European level.
Gienahs project aims to improve interaction and cooperation between European Higher Education Institutions and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, which continue to face major challenges in organizing R & D, although they are the main driving force of the European economy.
This interaction will be promoted through a series of actions to be implemented within the project, such as:
- Exchange of best practices for cooperation between HEIs and SMEs at European
- Establishment of an EU standard and methodology for optimal collaboration between universities and SMEs targeted on the co-creation of knowledge and innovation
- Establishment of an innovative methodological approach for the design of industrial doctoral theses, taking into account the specific needs of European SMEs.
- The test of the new methodology in the design of pilot industrial doctoral theses oriented towards SMEs in the manufacturing sector
- Harmonization of European doctoral theses related to industry in order to promote the mobility of researchers in enterprises
- Creating a stable Observatory of CEU and SMEs / INDUSTRIAL UNIONS capable of creating constructive cooperation between SMEs, HEIs and researchers, multiplying and creating new attractive employment opportunities for industrial research in European SMEs.