Quality Network for Sustainable Tourism
Facebook: Facebook Qnest Project
Adrion Website: https://qnest.adrioninterreg.eu/
Programme: ADRION: Axis II SO 2.1
Period of Implementation: 01/01/2018 – 31/12/2019
Istrian Development Agency Croatia
University of Primorska Slovenia
FEST – Foundation for European Sustainable Tourism United Kingdom
The objective of the QNeST Project – Quality Network for Sustainable Tourism – is to promote for tourism purposes the local cultural heritage (nature, art, handicraft, food, traditions, rites, practices, customs) of the territories of the Adriatic-Ionian Region and enhance their accessibility.
To this end it seeks to set up an Adriatic-Ionian network of operators active in the promotion of sustainable tourism and to create a “quality brand” to be attributed to material and immaterial cultural heritage, in particular historic and traditional handicrafts and the Mediterranean Diet, especially the production chain for olive oil, wine and fish.
The planned measures are aimed at advancing the following objectives:
– to formulate, implement and disseminate the “QNeST brand” of the Adrion Programme;
– to create and develop a network of operators in the Adriatic-Ionian area who are actively involved in initiatives linked to sustainable tourism that can acquire the “QNeST brand”;
– to plan and implement the “QNeST brand”, providing it with innovative thematic itineraries and routes designed to promote sustainable tourism on the local and transnational level;
– to create an informative and collaborative online platform.
In detail, QNeST will consider initiatives/projects designed to:
– safeguard and promote immaterial cultural heritage, particularly artistic and traditional handicraft
– promote food-and-wine linked to the Mediterranean Diet (particularly the production chain of olive oil, wine and fish);
– activate local and transnational services designed to promote inland and coastal areas and de- seasonalise tourism;
– propose services and advanced accessibility solutions, considering the various categories of visitor;
– boost interaction and cooperation in accordance with a network logic, developing innovative skills.